B783 (Dalry - Kilbirnie)
|Location Map ( geo)|
|Distance:||3.8 miles (6.1 km)|
|Met:||A737, B784, B777, B785|
|Now part of:||B780|
|Route outline (key)|
The road started on Main Street in Dalry, the original route of the A737, and headed north along North Street and over the Rye Water to leave town. The road continued northeast, contouring above the River Garnock to the right but avoiding the hilly terrain to the left. The B784 soon bore off left into the hills whilst the B783 continued ahead and it wasn't long before it met the B777. Here the B783 turned more northerly to enter Kilbirnie. It ran along Main Street before ending on the B785 (present A760).
By 1934, when the route was re-numbered, the B785 had already been upgraded to the A760, and in order to help rationalise numbers it was now the B783's turn, as it became an extension of the B780, a route which it virtually met in Dalry.
|B783 (Dalry - Kilbirnie)|