B713 (Kaimrig End - Moffat)
|Location Map ( geo)|
|From:||Kaimrig End (NT102408)|
|Distance:||26.5 miles (42.6 km)|
|Met:||A72, B712, B719, A708|
|Now part of:||A701|
|Route outline (key)|
The original B713 was a cross-country B-road in southern Scotland.
The road started on the A72 at Kaimrig End and headed south via Broughton to reach the valley of the River Tweed. This was then followed upstream as far as the river's source, after which the road crossed the watershed and descended into the valley of the River Annan. After crossing the river the road entered Moffat, where it ran along the High Street and ended on the A708.
The road was quickly upgraded to A-road status and became the A752. However, this number was also relatively short-lived as it became an extension of the A701 in 1935. The ex-B713 remains this number.