|Location Map ( geo)|
|To:||Palmer Mount (NS372351)|
|Distance:||0.7 miles (1.1 km)|
|Old route now:||A759, B730|
|Route outline (key)|
The B750 is a short link road in the Ayrshire village of Dundonald.
It starts on the B730 beneath the castle and heads east along Kilmarnock Road, quickly reaching open country. The road bears sharply left before running alongside a wood to end at a T-junction on the A759.
Originally the B750 was considerably longer. It started on the B749 in the centre of the coastal town of Troon and headed inland to Loans, where it met the A78. After a short multiplex north along that road the B750 headed east via Dundonald to end on the A71 (now B7081) in the centre of Kilmarnock.
The road was truncated very early on. By 1932 virtually the entire road had been renumbered A759. However, this A-road had been moved onto the Dundonald northern bypass (which did not exist in 1922). The north-south road through Dundonald had become the B730 and so the B750 number remained with the only section of road not yet mentioned in this paragraph, which is the 1200 or so yards with the number today.