|Location Map ( geo)|
|Distance:||2.4 miles (3.9 km)|
|Now part of:||B979|
|Route outline (key)|
The original B998, as classified in 1922 was a short B-road in east Aberdeenshire.
Starting on the A947 at Newmachar (which was then called Summerhill) the road headed east to zigzag under a railway line and then pass the Aberdeen District Asylum (later Kingseat Hospital). It ended shortly afterwards on the B999 north of Whitecairns.
The number was short-lived and the road was renumbered in the mid 1930s as part of an extended B979.