|Location Map ( geo)|
|Distance:||2.3 miles (3.7 km)|
|Old route now:||A955, B932, B931|
|Route outline (key)|
The B927 is a short B-road in east Fife.
It starts on the A916 to the north of Letham and heads south. The road descends, with the sea visible ahead. After passing Letham the road crosses a stream and climbs once more to go over a ridge. The sea becomes visible once more and the road enters the outskirts of Leven. It runs along Cupar Road to end at a mini-roundabout on the A915.
The B927 we see today is a mere shadow of its former self, albeit an 80-year-old shadow! When first classified in 1922, the route ran from Letham to Leven before continuing all the way south west along the coast to Kirkcaldy, where it ended on the A92 (now A921) near Ravenscraig Castle.
By 1932 most of the route had become the new A955, leaving the short section that remains. Now, though, the route through Methill and Buckhaven has reverted to a B road, partly the extended B932, and partly a displaced B931, with that road's old route now being the new alignment of the A955.