|Location Map ( geo)|
|Distance:||9.1 miles (14.6 km)|
|Met (1922):||A93, B974, A944, A96|
|Now part of:||B979|
|Route outline (key)|
The original route of the B980, as classified in 1922, was a cross-country road in south Aberdeenshire.
The road started on the A93 at Peterculter and headed north to the A944 near Westhill. Then after a short multiplex west it continued north, turning left at South Auchinclech Crossroads to end on the A96 at Kinellar, at what is now the western end of the Blackburn bypass.
This route was renumbered as part of a much extended B979 in the mid 1930s, and then after the war that road was diverted to reach the A96 further east. The original B980 route immediately south of Kinellar was declassified.