|To:||West Ferry (NO439310)|
|Distance:||0.5 miles (0.8 km)|
|Met (1939):||A930, A930|
|Route outline (key)|
After the original B963 was upgraded to an A road, perhaps as early as 1924, the number was recycled for a very short, and somewhat odd choice of route to the east of Dundee. The road formed a loop off the A930 to the east of the main docks area, crossing and recrossing the railway lines, and so following the original line of the A930. Indeed, its primary purpose, once the main road was realigned, seems to have been to serve the sidings at Stannergate. At little more than half a mile in length, the value of classifying this route cannot have been great. The route survived however, and was still marked on the 1966 OS One Inch map, although it is now unclassified.
Today, the west end of the road connects to the A930 at the Stannergate Roundabout, whilst the east end is a simple give-way turning, immediately crossing a railway bridge with a 3 Tonne weight limit. Therefore it is the west end which is the primary access, but this drops down to a give way at the Stannergate entrance to the port complex.