|Location Map ( geo)|
|From:||Monument Road (SP048861)|
|To:||Calthorpe Road (SP054855)|
|Distance:||0.6 miles (0.9 km)|
|Meets:||B4124, A456, B4284, B4217|
|Route outline (key)|
The B4532 is a short link road in Edgbaston, Birmingham. Owing to the road's short length its history is not fully known but it may date back to the 1930s. However, the 1938 OS 1:10560 sheet suggests that at that time the route was a spur of the B4217. This could either be an error, or suggest that that route changed and the map was not updated to reflect this.
The road leaves the B4124 Monument Road as Plough and Harrow Road: a one-way street heading southeast. Shortly after passing the Birmingham Oratory on our right, we meet the A456 Hagley Road at traffic lights by the Plough and Harrow Hotel. The route of the B4532 zigzags left then right but vehicles are prohibited from making the right turn.
The B4532 continues as the two-way Highfield Road, It intersects the B4284 Harborne Road before ending on the B4217 Calthorpe Road at a set of traffic lights next to the church of St George, Edgbaston.